Jill and Bron's exciting photo world adventures

We travel the world - so you don't have to!

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Day Three: Italy


Bron Sez:
Boy it was hot! I had to take my Duffel off! Today we sampled mostly icecream. I didn't really want anything else, I like pasta and all that, sure, but I can get that at home, and pizza too - there's a Domino's just down the road! So I ate LOADS of ice cream. My brain hurts.
We were walking down near all the touristy stuff when Jill suddenly decided to run over to a tall dark italian and totally smacked him in the mouth! Turns out he looked like someone she knew and she got confused for a second. ALso turned out that she looked like someone HE knew and he deserved it from that person. So it all worked out great, and he bought us some icecream.
I must admit all this jet setting it really tiring me out, today I think I spent most of my monthly budget on icecream....well, I suppose you only go on a trip like this once every lifetime... I'll have another gelato please!

JillSez:
It took a while for me to be totally convinced that he wasn't really a certain loser from New York I met a few years ago, but after the real Italian guy paid me the $50 I said he owed me, I knew he wasn't ol' whats-his-face. And that ice cream was awesome! We rented a Vespa and I drove around with Bron on the back while she stuffed her face with Domino's pizza. Once we blew through the $50 (whatever that translates into in Italian) we had to ride through crowded city centers so Bron could grab ice creams from toddlers. It took a while until she finally found her favorite flavor.
Then we skedaddled over to the Sistine Chapel. I would never have ridden the scooter in there, but Bron said she didn't feel like walking because she was a little tired from eating so much pizza and ice cream. Poor sweetie. So we rode around the main building there and met the pope. Bron gave him our last piece of Domino's pizza. She's so sweet like that.
Then we left for the airport, pausing only briefly while I got into a brief scuffle with a guy selling balloons.
It was another perfect day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home